Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

This Sunday will be one month with Cy.  For one month I have been a mother to a wonderful little boy and I feel so thankful that he came to us. I have had so much time to think about this new part of my life as mother. I will be 36 at the end of this month and lived most of my life all about me, Jeremy and work.  Now I will be mother, wife and then work. I give mothers so much credit. They are strong, creative, patient, creative and amazing people.  I thought a lot about, What Adoption Means to Me.

To me, adoption means that a young girl in Korea did the most selfless act of giving up her son because she couldn't provide the life he deserved. In turn, she has given me the chance to be a mom and made our dreams of having a family come true!  This adoption has opened our eyes to another culture. It has given us a boy who will receive more love then possibly he could have imagined. No preparation or book could of prepared us for our son. Every child is different and Jeremy and I jumped in with both feet to an active and talkative toddler.  I know in the future there will be lots of questions Cy will have and I understand that he may always have this lingering thought of being unwanted. But he will always be kissed to much, loved to much and given all that we have to give. Everyday will be work to make his life the best life he could have. To be patient when he grieves, to be joyous when he laughs, to be understanding when he ask questions about where he is from and supportive of his quest. Someday Cy will look through this journal of our journey and I want him to know how much I love him!

From our family to yours, Happy Mothers Day to every Mother out there! Enjoy your special day with the one's you love!


 Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment