Monday, December 10, 2012

Eczema...How do You Protect Your Children

My son suffers severe eczema and it kind of hit us like a train this winter. While I am waiting to get an allergy test done all my research tells me that 100% cotton is the best and kick the synthetic fibers to the curb.

Here are some triggers for Eczema. What I have read and from out allergist that Hay Fever and Asthma is VERY common in kids with Eczema. Sooo we are just waiting for results from allergist.
  • Wool (is the WORST!), Synthetic fibers, Polyester, etc
  • Biological washing powders
  • Pet fluff and pet dander’s
  • Parental smoking (we don't so no worries)
  • Emotional factors - keeping stress levels down.
  • Detergents
  • House dust mite
  • Food, additives and colorings

Here are some good websites for clothes:


Best Places to Buy Sheets:

Kids with eczema need 100% cotton sheets. Polyester or synthetic only irritate their skin. So changing pajamas and sheets is a big overhaul. Here are a few places where you can get good quality sheets!
  • Pottery Barn Kids
  • Bed Bath and Beyond
  • Gaiam
  • Amazon
Of course I can shop at a variety of places, however I will just need to make sure to read the tags. I bought Cy all these cute jeans for winter...yeah not so much. Poor kid needs soft cotton pants.

I will journal my journey through Cy's eczema more as I learn and grow to help my child and hopefully help other people. I swear everything I find is in Australia and UK...so maybe we can get more US resources.

Peas and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment