Thursday, April 11, 2013

Being Mindful

  1. Drink green tea.  I can do this.  My goal is one cup/day.
  2. Start Reading Labels Lots of our food has chemicals, GMO's, etc. Be mindful, read labels. Educate yourself. My family has been living WHOLE for 5 years now. We are not 100%, but we are conscious and aware every day.
  3. Forgive Someone  "studies show that forgiveness can lower blood pressure and heart rate and reduce depression, anxiety, and anger."  I'll buy that.  
  4. Have More Sex Okay!
  5. Join a CSA What better way to each more vegetables then having them delivered every week. If you don't have room or time for a garden, help you local farmer.
  6. 20 Minutes of exercise or more at least 4x a week.
  7. Get More Sleep  Following Gwyneth on Dr. Oz I am going to try Magnesium. Let's see.
  8. Meditate  My family is looking at Buddhism again. I dable on and off.
  9. Portion Size  Be mindful about the portion on your plate.  I could totally be better about this one.  We bought smaller dinner plates!
  10. Pack a Smarter Lunch  For me this means, thinking ahead.  This is where I am horrible! Need to be way better!
  11. Call an Old Friend  Talking to old friends makes me so happy! The relationships from my past are some of my strongest.
  12. Floss!  Enough said. I have a bag on my desk at work. Right in front of me!
  13. Practice Saying No  This is hard. I had to do it a lot when I first came home with my son. I had to do it for me. If people get mad at you...they weren't really close to you. Your close friends will always respect.
  14. Stretch  Dogs stretch every time they get up! I am bad but will try and be more mindful.
  15. Keep Healthy Snacks on Hand I should do much better then I am. It takes planning and thinking.

1 comment:

  1. I have been using a magnesium powder, Natural Calm, and it works wonders. I recover faster from my workouts, sleep better and my mind less busy. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete