Monday, August 22, 2011

Nelsetti's Famous House Pizza!

Jeremy and I have become quite novices on the homemade pizza making front!  For my bridal shower I received a Pampered Chef pizza stone and who would of known what wonderful things it would have brought us!!!  We have become pizza making machines, having it about once a week. I have started calling it "Colorado Goulash", because you can simply put anything and everything on it.  Whatever leftovers we have in our fridge, we throw it on a pizza. First, it is simply something Jeremy and I truly enjoy doing together! It has become very bonding and an event I look forward too!

Jeremy is the king of the crust! I don't know what he does but it is thin, crisp and simply wonderful!  He has it nailed down! Now we just need to figure out a yummy wheat crust.  I am the master of our secret sauces we put on all our pizzas and I have to admit that I am pretty good. I am pretty secretive when it comes to our pizza recipes, however I don't mind sharing with you our house pizza. You will probably see a lot of reference to our wonderful pizza's throughout the blog so I wanted to give you a little background.

Nelsetti's House Pizza

  • 1/2 lb of Hazel Dell Mushrooms (I really like the Shitakes and Cinnamon tops) sauteed - I would recommend some local mushrooms but any will do.
  • 1 whole sweet onion (Vidalia or Walla Walla) caramelized
  • I use my secret red sauce for the base
  • 1 cup of Mozzarella
  • 1/4 cup of Fresh Parmesan grated
Bake at 500 degrees on your pizza stone! MAKE SURE TO PUT YOUR STONE IN THE OVEN AND THEN PREHEAT AT 500 degrees.

I think pizza night is so much fun at any age!!!! We have picnics in our backyard, movie nights or friends and family over!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment