Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Could Flying be the new Labor?

Adoption is such a crazy process to go through and unless you have been through it you have no idea the roller coaster that you go through. However, there is this part of you as a woman that feels left out of the woman circle not having the labor experience. Well, I have discovered my labor experience, it will be the flight home from Korea with Cy.  I have had heard from people often that the flight is the longest 12 to 14 hours that you will ever have in your life. I am prepared for the worst and expecting the best.

I am so excited to meet his foster mother and hope that we are able to get her name so Cy can go back someday and meet her in person. As our time comes closer, hopefully less then 3 months away, I am getting nervous and excited about being a mother. I have to say I am so fortunate to have such an amazing support group of friends and family that are so excited to meet Cy and be part of his life! I truly feel blessed.

Right now I am just so busy thinking about packing my bag and making sure we are house ready.

Here is what I have Jeremy and I scheduled to bring when we get the call and leave on a jet plane:

  • Prepare a diaper bag with a change of clothing, fresh diapers, several bottles (I heard they will give you a few bottles) and fresh bibs.
  • For Clothing (since we are going in the winter) A winter coat, gloves, hat, 2 pairs of footsie pj's and a super cute outfit. I figure I want him as comfortable and warm.
  • Schedule a visit with your pediatrician within a few days of the baby's arrival
  • My mother got me an Ergo Carrier which is what we will use instead of a stroller. 
  • Calling our health insurance provider to get Cy child on the plan pronto -- ideally he/she should have coverage the scheduled day of travel. 
  • Make sure to bring your camera and/or camcorder!

No comments:

Post a Comment