Monday, March 19, 2012

Coping.

Each day is a struggle and we are coping as we wait for our EP's to be approved!  I found this article recently as I am searching for something..anything...but I have no idea what that something is and my heart aches so bad. I have to say it is really rough this portion.

The Weight of the Wait
This is a great exert on how I feel from the article - Many potential adoptive parents reach the lowest levels of despair, according to Carole LieberWilkins, a marriage and family therapist in Los Angeles who counsels people in all stages of the adoption process. Unmet expectations and lack of structure are the hardest parts of the wait, according to LieberWilkins. “Not knowing when something will happen leaves us feeling like it never will.” It can be hard on couples, too: Both men and women experience fear, anger, and frustration, LieberWilkins explains, but they experience it differently. “Women are ready and they just need a baby in their arms,” she says of the clients she’s seen. Because men and women do not experience the wait in the same way, LieberWilkins emphasizes the importance of respecting each other’s feelings. - by Stefani Moon

I found the blog to have really good stories for reference - My Crazy Adoption

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment