Saturday, March 17, 2012

EP Submitted!

We are actually on the train and headed for an EP Approval.  Waiting for the EP Approval can take up to 12 weeks and then another 2 to 3 weeks after that before we leave.  I swear I thought I would of been happier with this news but now I just feel more anxious. I personally think I should lock myself in my house until we leave for Korea, I am an emotional wreck! This has been such a long and difficult journey. I know once he is home we will forget all about this, however while one is in it...it feel like eternity.

The email came in early Monday, March 5th. So needless to say I was pretty worthless at work after that email. I am thankful for my work environment as the ladies I work with have literally been with me through all the ups and downs, the tears, phone calls to my agency, etc...Since we have an open environment, all of your conversations are open for everyone to hear. Especially when I was calling my agency twice a week for any news. Also when you are bummed out and everyone can see that you are having a rough day (because we all sit facing each other for 8+ hours a day) and they are open to taking a break and having a chat to help cheer me up. When I got this news I screamed and everyone hugged me! I felt so supported by my work team, which will make it more comfortable coming back to work as I am nervous about taking 6 weeks off. Then it was chatting with friends and family. I know this sounds weird but I posted it right away on Facebook and it felt so good to hear all the cheerful comments from everyone!

Now we have Friday, March 23 to look forward too. Our travel meeting and all six December families will be getting together, meeting and bonding. I do hope to forge more close connections with other adoptive parents as I am sure I will need some phone call support once bringing Cy home.

This journey is continuing and we are still going. Sometimes I feel like a broken down train but there is still some gas even though it gets clogged occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment