Sunday, March 11, 2012

Juicing Revolution!

I will start juicing one meal a day starting this week. My goal is to do it everyday...but I also want to be careful. I am not doing a juice fast but using it as a supplement to my normal diet. Why start juicing now, Sarah? Well my mom #2 (Kathy) got me very much interested in it about 2 years ago or so and I have just been lazy and not wanting to spend the money. The more I read and listened to friends talk, the more I felt the desire to get going and buy this juicer already!


I decided to get the Omega 8006 juicer. Since I am not on a Raw Diet or Vegan I want to utilize all that it has to offer! One thing is making yummy organic and all natural frozen treats for when Cy comes home!  I have been doing research and about a year ago discovered the below blogger, Bonzai Aphrodite (seriously how can you not love a blog with that name). 

Here are the Top 5 Mistakes and Misconceptions of a Newbie Juicer. Her blog is fun to follow and I like that she had this posted.

Those of us who are busy with our careers, kids, and activities ask ourselves, "When do I have time to juice and cleaning that juicer is a bitch." I have done a ton of research and while having fresh juice is optimal, let's face it: it isn't always practical. It is okay to juice the night before and do one of two things:

  • Freeze it in ice cube trays
  • Seal it in an air tight container 
You will probably lose a few enzymes in both situations but it is still better to drink than no drink at all.

First Juice:

  • About a cup or so of fresh spinach
  • 1 apple
  • 1/2 a cucumber 
  • 3 carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment