Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Modern Family

This day in age more and more you see men staying home with the kids or both parents working. A few of my co-workers (women) support their families while their husband take care of the kids.  I feel so lucky that I have a Modern Husband. Jeremy is fantastic and being a father and a husband. We both are at a peak in our careers and fairly successful and living the dream. I sometimes prefer to mow the lawn while Jeremy entertains Cy.  Jeremy also has nailed down the night time routine with Cy, while I do the laundry, dishes, feed the dog, etc.  We are a family that does what it takes to make it work.

I love spending time with my son more then anything and while I no longer work 55 to 70 hours a week, instead just 40 hours a week I am very committed to him.  However, I love pulling the whole house domestic duties.  I love mowing the lawn, cleaning the house, cleaning the coop, etc. Jeremy does the Cy duties, is good and the discipline while I am the pushover. I feel so lucky to have a husband that shares and sometimes over percents me in the duties of our household. I am spoiled. 

Let's change our view on marriage. We need to have fun! Let's stop the getting together to bitch. Face it, we are bitches! Us women have crazy and sometimes create stupid demands of our husbands.  But men drive us just as crazy! I am not saying they are perfect because by no means they are but we need to recognize when we strike it gold.  I really never thought about it until Cy was sick this past weekend.  Jeremy stayed home with Cy twice (plus the last time he was sick Jeremy stayed home while I went to work...and he is our breadwinner) while I went to work and my mother was like you should be thankful because most men would not do that. Really??? Seriously most men wouldn't take shifts? I grew up with a working/successful mother who had a lucrative career with Wells Fargo. My dad kind of moved from various jobs, mostly stay at home. My mother also told me that I better be nice to Jeremy because while his patience can be annoying at times, it is a god send. Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to show you what is great. Jeremy is great at a lot of stuff and at the same time drives me crazy.  But by no means are we better then one another. We compliment each other.

I think it is important to realize what we have...good or bad.  To take a step back from our crazy lives, arguing, complaining or controlling and really value the small things. We are a new generation. We are working moms with big careers.  We are the generation of the stay at home dads.  We are the time of shared duties. One of my girlfriends is better at using a screwdriver then her husband! Let's face it! We rock! But let's not leave the studs behind.  They pick up our weaknesses.

Peace, Love and Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment