Monday, August 20, 2012

It's Been Awhile

It has been awhile since I last wrote and I have so many great things to talk about!

Cy is attaching and bonding more and more every day.  He has such a beautiful personality that shines through and makes my heart go pitter patter. He is playing independently more and more AND he talks all the time. Half the time I have no idea what he is saying but it can be pretty funny!

Here are some of Cy's favorite things:

  • TRUCKS! He loves them! Points them out. Wants to read about them before he goes to bed.
  • Airplanes. If he even hears one in the sky he says, "Ooo plane" and points to the sky.
  • He loves our neighbor Matt and his dog Bindi
  • He is open to trying everything
  • He enjoys helping me cook
  • He loves Aunt and Uncles Jill, Eric, David, Melissa, CoCo and Owen
  • He really enjoys watering the garden
  • He is getting better about swimming and being in the pool
  • He prefers our Jeep over the Prius. No idea why but he likes riding and playing in the Jeep.
  • He loves music! Still and probably always!
  • His recent new words (there are a lot) "mine" or "me"
  • He loves to climb and pull himself up! We are doing parent/tot at GK to get his gymnastics skills on.
  • He is really eating now as he has grown almost 4 inches in 3 months
  • He said "home" this past week and put his arms up in the air in his room! This is big because he usually says "home" and wants to leave. I almost cried!
  • He loves all his cars that he can ride or scoot around on.
  • He loves playing the guitar.
  • He definitely mimics all we do which can be entertaining at times. 
  • Cy loves the ladies and is a little mac daddy.
  • He LOVES Grandma Irene. His reactions when she comes over are priceless. 
  • Manchego Cheese
  • Chips
  • Popcorn
  • He can eat spicy food sometimes
  • Any "Annies" product he loves!
  • Loves Chocolate!
  • Cy is super shy and social at the same time.
  • He LOVES going to the park and swinging.
Cy doesn't watch TV or really sit still at all!  Sometimes I wish he would just sit down and watch something and it doesn't work. I really shouldn't mind as I love that he plays and likes to be creative but sometimes Mommy needs 5 minutes. I have got him watching Finding Nemo and Spain on the Road Again, etc...

I know for me I am starting to settle in. We met with our social worker yesterday and we talked how things are starting to feel better and flow.  I am starting to get a feel of when he is overtired, or had to much, or hungry, etc...It has taken us awhile to figure all that out. As he is getting more comfortable with us, we are with him and the routine. The reality of there are no breaks, changing how you do everything, planning, organizing, etc...Pretty much all the normal stuff as a parent that you feel and go through. I LOVE being a mother and especially to Cy. As we bond more and more I hate being away from him! He is finally off the bottle! He is eating more and more solids! We are still struggling with sleep (or I should say Jeremy as he does full sleep duty) as he wakes up every few hours. However, he did sleep through the night last Thursday and Friday! Whoo! He will take medicine willingly now too. We feel like it has been baby steps for each hurdle and we are slowly overcoming it.

I see us now trying to reach out to people and hang out more and more. We hung out with friends at New West Fest and people have been swinging by the house. I actually took Cy to a friends house last Friday (it was awful and he literally was all over the place) but the point is that we went out! Jeremy is the resident neighborhood dad, meeting people all the time. Which is great! I love our neighborhood and our town so much! I know we will not be in Fort Collins forever but while we are here we are enjoying all our awesome town has to offer!

Peace and Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment