Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sisters

My sister and I have been through a lot together in our lifetime. We have seen each others ups and downs. However, recently I would say our relationship is at it's best!  I don't know if it is me becoming a mother or what but we definitely have bonded.  I think I spend more time with her then anyone else. I rarely get tired of her and wish that we would actually do more stuff together.

It is funny how strong our bond is.  My sister and I grew up in good old Nebraska. I am not sure how much of that time she remembers but I remember it very clearly.  She was the annoying little girl who would trail behind me, or chase me around and my play mate when nobody was there.  When my mom left my father and we moved to Minnesota we became each others ally and worst nightmare. I think because of our home situation we leaned on each other and I felt sort of a protector for her and because we were kids I couldn't stand her. But it was her moving to Fort Collins that really forged our bond!

I know it annoys her when I can be bossy, but I am just a bossy person. I have always been protective, defender and so proud of my sister. She is truly an amazingly smart, generous, dry humored and loving person.  I couldn't be more proud of all that she has accomplished. I love that we live close to each other and see each other almost every week. She is the first person I talk to every morning. When we are on vacation and don't talk every day there is this void and we both can't wait to chat, complain, laugh or bitch to each other when we get back from our trip.

Recently, with me becoming a mom I feel our relationship has grown so close. She was the only person we wanted to spend our first 72 hours with after bring our son home from Korea. I love going over there and seeing Cy so excited to hang out with his Aunt Jill, Uncle Eric, Grandma and CoCo!  She always tells me we are not friends, but we are sisters...but I feel that she is more then just my sister. I know we will not always live close together and if I had my way we would never be more then a cars drive apart. I cherish this time living close to her, spending time together and watching our kids grow up together. I look forward to our families taking vacations together! I feel so thankful every day that I have her in my life! She IS my best friend and strongest supporter! I love ya Jill!



No comments:

Post a Comment