Saturday, November 3, 2012

Jim lives on...

“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is.”
― Jim Morrison


I found this quote after a week or so of re-connecting with friends. I loved it! I had such great conversations where I just felt like those connections were meant to happen.  It is funny how true friends are always there no matter where we live or where we are in our lives it is like picking up as if you were never separated.  All of us have taken such very different journeys, becoming these extraordinary women who I can only be so thankful that they are in my life.  Our lives can be so crazy and hectic and it is so nice to sit down and laugh and just be with the people that you are so close too.  Some of my friends have been with me through so much and I with them and through it all we will always be connected on such a deep level. 

A friend of mine I met out here as we were both delegates during the last election with kids and life we had kind of gone our own way and now we are re-connected. She said to me, "I am always here." I loved that because it is so true. No excuses, no pretend...just real.

So this is to all my current friends and my recent conversations these past few weeks with old friends that have brightened up the day. You all along the way have helped to shape me into the woman I am today. I know time, life and distance has separated us and I can only hope that we keep the connections. 

Thank you for always loving me as I have always loved you! In the words of Jim Morrison, as my girls from college can appreciate as we wore out our Doors CD's he always had great words.

No comments:

Post a Comment