Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

So my husband isn't such a fan of this Hallmark holiday and I can't say I really am either, however this year I have been needing a little extra pampering.  Unfortunately, this year Jeremy is teaching a chemistry class from 7pm to 9pm or later, which means I am flying solo.  What would a girl like me do with herself on this fun little holiday...well here is my lonely girl Valentine guide.

1. Treat yourself! I scheduled an massage AND a facial this week!
2. I took myself out to lunch for my favorite...Spring Rolls!!!! Yummers!
3. Make yourself your favorite meal for dinner! This week for me it is Scallops and Pasta.

Here is what I am making:


Scallops Provencal and a side of my famous Fettuccine but this time with Porchini Fettuccine and Porchini Mushrooms. I also purchased Strawberries and a yummy bottle of wine!  Now sit yourself down your couch dressed up in your comfiest PJ's, open that bottle of wine, put in your favorite move and sit back...relax and enjoy!

I do think Valentines Day is over rated but hey I am a girl and it is fun! However, there are many people out there who work different shifts then their spouses, husbands off in the military, out of town on business, etc. It is no reason to not embrace this strange holiday and give yourself some love!  After all if we don't love ourselves the most nobody else can love us!

No comments:

Post a Comment