Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cherry Blossoms in April

It is looking more and more like our travel to Korea could be in April. However, nobody has told me this it is more or less what I am putting out to the universe. Adoption is a very painful, stressful and at times very lonely path. Even individuals who are in the same boat as you don't really talk about it and others who have no idea cannot console. I have never felt the depths of sadness and loss like I have during this waiting period. You are probably thinking, "loss" well it is because as time continues to push out you fear the worst.  What if I don't get to bring this child home? Coping becomes a whole new reality that I wasn't prepared for when we signed up.  After a few breakdowns this week I realized that the strength that has gotten me through this past year is only going to make me a stronger person in the long run. 

Again, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.
Steve Jobs

Here is a cool picture of the Cherry Blossoms in South Korea in April. I am going to print this picture and look to it everyday with hope that April will bring our son home.

Here is a great picture from April in Korea!


No comments:

Post a Comment