Monday, July 16, 2012

Fouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur!

We are heading into our 4th month with our little dude! I can't tell you how much I love that kid despite all the hard times.  His personality is coming out more and more and he cracks me up.  I think we are in the toddler testing stage as he will literally throw his bottle in front of him and then cry for "Uyu" which means milk in Korean. If he doesn't get his way, he throws a tantrum. I am totally coming out as the softy in our parenting world. I try and be strong but I hate to see him cry, even if it is manipulative.

Cy is definitely eating more all the time and seems to have a palate similar to ours. We gave up on feeding him toddler type food as all he wanted was what we eat, so I changed our diet. I love to watch him as he is discovering food is fuel and eating more and more and MORE importantly swallowing! He is such a happier kid the more he eats. His language is coming along so well! He communicates and says more words every day. He said his first sentence a week ago, "Grandma look at my truck." I about flipped out I was so excited. I love his voice and laugh it makes my heart melt.

This past weekend I had a break from him and got to sit outside in the beautiful summer Colorado air, listening to Brandi and Ingrid and staring over Denver thinking about my family...which I have! I sat there thinking about how lucky I am to be blessed with a child and a wonderful husband. I am so happy. There is so much more purpose to every day (despite REALLY missing working out). Let me tell you it has been a bumpy road with him and I do not even want to THINK about what it is going to be like when we pull the bottle! But years from now we won't even remember, except all the pictures with his bottle in his mouth.

I look forward to him attaching more and more! He calls us Mommy and DeDe all the time. He is doing more independent play. He is finding things he enjoys. He is loving and giving hugs. I just love the that he is becoming this person. He is so independent too!

I think you kind of freak out when you first get home like, Shit! Where is the rule book. How does this work. What if I break him. What if I mess up! Everything goes through my head!  I just want to be the best parent, mother and wife. I hope along the way I meet some good friends and Cy grows up to be an accepting, loving and caring person. I will do my best to raise him to the best of my abilities. I definitely feel like I have changed in the past 3 months. I feel like everything about has me has been tested. I feel that I am more focused on what is important. I feel that I have mellowed (a little). I feel that I see the world and people through different eyes. I feel that I am a better person for being the mother of Cy.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment