Sunday, September 2, 2012

8 Pounds and a Muffin Top later...

These past 4 months I have literally ate my feelings! TCBY at work almost everyday, fast food (I know so bad but when you are starving and driving a kid around for hours what other choice), sweets, root beer floats, brownies, did I mention the sweets.  Seriously, Jeremy and I have strayed so far but we are flipping a bitch and coming back around!

I have been back hitting the pavement and as long as my body can handle it...I love running. I take Cy on my runs and we do about 20 minutes (run/walk) and I have convinced my awesome husband to do strength training with me once a week. My goal if we can get some form of exercise 3x a month...that is good for now. This doesn't include all the walks and chasing around a toddler! Now the hard part...the food!

Loving food and living well I believe can go hand and hand...and I love good food. Even what I feed Cy is somewhat gourmet and he has developed a taste for some good food, hence since the kid rarely eats regular toddler food (mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, hot dogs...the kid won't eat). I keep praying that he will be a chef and not the chef at Applebee's  but a chef at a famous restaurant or maybe open up his own! I hope all our travels expose him to amazing cultures and food!  Living my life I want for me and my family I basically decided on smaller portions, no fried food (unless for a treat), limited dairy and reducing some other areas. I like everything, meat, veggies, beans, cheese, etc. So I figure diversity is important. With having Cy we kind of eat the same thing all the time and that is probably not the best, but our reality. I am a HUGE fan of eating Mediterranean/Italian/Spanish style with an occasional steak. I am excited to see how much I will loose as December is my goal!

Feels soooo good to be getting back in the saddle again! Even if I run one day I feel great! Healthy body = Healthy mind! Slowly getting back in gear!  I actually told Jeremy today that I might be okay with a little Muffin Top! As I love to eat and enjoy a good glass of wine...can I never have a muffin top? I am not sure but what I do know...is that to live is to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment