Friday, September 28, 2012

Cinco Meses!

We are a little past 5 months but I figured better late then never to get an update! Things are going wonderfully and I feel so lucky that he is our son! I wake up every morning so excited to see him and can't wait for the weekend to hang out with him!  The only issue we continue to have is that he doesn't sleep through the night. He wakes up around 3 to 4 times a night with either a night terror or nightmare, but that hopefully will get better. He has really bonded with us and I can see a dramatic difference in the past month. He finally started giving us, on his own, giving us hugs! It is so great! I ask him to cuddle and he puts his head next to mine. He all about Mommy and Daddy right now and really, I think, knows who we are and that we are here for him.

He is so awesome! I see personalities of Jeremy and I in him and I am thinking how can that be...he isn't blood. But he does live with us and it just goes to prove that environment defines the child. Lately he has been figuring out and been interested in IPhone Apps, Diego and Thomas the Truck.  He still really could care less about TV most of the time...but he is getting into IPhone Apps. He is eating more and more all the time. I always ask him in the morning if I look cute (with my work outfit) and he says yes. Then he comes out in his outfit and says, "cute mommy?" My heart melts!

He is still really drawn to red and loves red clothes, red stuff, etc...which is good when you are from Nebraska. Foods; Polenta, risotto, soups (the kid loves all soup), carrots, peas, lemonade, pizza, candy...he discovered candy and LOVES it, popcorn, blueberries, ground cherries (Jeremy thinks he just loves finding things outside to eat), etc...

I want to thank everyone for being in our lives! I feel that we are coming out of the depths and settling into a routine and what is more important...he really loves us! I feel so thankful everyday for the opportunity to have a family.  I can't thank Marg and Jim Nelson enough because if it wasn't for their support their might be no Cy and I can't imagine our world without him. I love being a mother, teaching, playing with him, cuddling with him, etc...

Life is good!

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment