Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Madeira and Rosemary Steak

Okay so I seriously love this recipe. Normally on Monday's we do the whole meatless Monday but this Monday I was craving me some meat. I had purchased Madeira wine for another recipe and seriously need to get creative about recipes and food that I use with the Madeira.  So I hope you enjoy, here is my yummy recipe from yesterday.


Madeira and Rosemary Steak

2Tbsp of Butter/Margerine, etc
1 to 2 cups of Madeira
2 fresh springs of Rosemary
1 Tbsp of flour
1/4 cup of milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of chopped mushrooms
2 filets or New York strips

Next sear your steaks for about 2 minutes on each side and set aside. 
Place sliced mushrooms in frying pan with 2 Tbsp of butter (I never said this was healthy). Saute up until golden brown, but not too done. Add the Madeira to the mushrooms with the rosemary, salt and pepper. Then add the flour and some milk to make it a little creamy. Whisk to make sure that the flour dissolves. Let simmer on Medium for 6 to 8 minutes. Add the steaks to the sauce and let simmer until desired cooked.


Pull the steak and plate and pour sauce on top!  Seriously so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment