Friday, October 12, 2012

Flying the Friendly Skies



We recently took our first flight trip (other then bringing Cy home from Korea) to California and I have to say things were very smooth but their are a few necessities and preparation is key to friendly skies.  My first thing as I have gotten older I have liked flying less but love traveling more...kind of an oxymoron. So, now that I have my son I need to make sure I am always cool and collective. Here are some fun tips on how we travel and of course ever evolving!

1. I HAVE to have my comfort and that is either episodes of Anthony Bourdain or Spain on the Road Again.

2. For Cy and if your child is into the IPhone, Smartphone or IPad I highly recommend the following Apps; Duck Duck Moose Trucks, Duck Duck Moose Wheels on the Bus, Duck Duck Moose Itsy Bitsy Spider, Peekaboo Barn, Peekaboo Wild and TallyTots.  This kept Cy entertained for awhile.

3. I brought along Cy's favorite shows to watch.  We had Thomas the Train and Diego Go!

4. You can now bring through liquids for your children so don't dump before going through security! It was a life saver as Cy doesn't drink milk and finding soy, lactose free or almond milk in an airport is tough.

5. Water! As soon as I get through security I am stocking up on water for Jeremy, Cy and I.

6. Emergen-C - Don't leave home without it! I take enough for the flight and during our stay. This helps fight off the recycled air in the cabin and just the natural weaknesses that comes from traveling.

7. Snacks for Cy. I packed Kashi Strawberry Bars, Graham Crackers to munch on. Snacks for Jeremy and I, Cliff Bar, Kind and Larabars. Healthy and totally filling.

8. Suckers for take off to keep Cy's ears from popping.

9. Check in EARLY! I swear I don't know why people don't do this already but especially with kids you can check in early, get your seats assigned and check your bags. Saves you a hell lot of time!

10. Luxury but LOVE, Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling headphones.

11. Shoes! Slip on and slip off shoes and that are comfortable...TOMS or Ahnu shoes! Love them! I own both pairs and switch between. They are comfortable and easily slip off during security and kick off when taking long flights. Both pair feel like slippers.

12. What to Wear? Yoga pants or MOTHER skinny jeans (my new favs), comfortable t-shirt and over sized sweater or sweatshirt. I am telling you, go with comfy. This is just my go to outfits. I love MOTHER jeans and fortunate enough to not have to pay that much for them. Local boutique in Fort Collins, McKlarken, has great sales

13. Extra clothes. Cy peed all over me as we were going through security so I learned on the way back to bring extra clothes for everyone in our carry on.

Peace, Love and Happy Traveling!


 














No comments:

Post a Comment