Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Six Months

I am a little late but we celebrated Cy's six months home on October 13th. It truly feels like yesterday that we stepped off the plane. It has been such an emotional roller coaster with the past month, finally coming to a halt. My husband is of the most patient people and we were reflecting with some friends about how far we have come and how hard it was in the beginning. For my husband to feel it was hard you can only imagine the difficulty. When people adopt every story is different. We had a group of 6 people in our training and every single one of us has had a completely different experience, both personally and with our children. Each story and experience is a notch in our journey. I have to thank so many people that were so supportive during this whole process and I am writing notes now. I have learned a lot about myself and feel that I have grown as a person, wife and mother. I am probably a little different then the person I was six months ago...but still the same.

I have enjoyed the new friends having a child has brought us. I swear neighbors have come out of the wood word to hang out with us. It is amazing how children can bring people together. Cy is talking so much right now. He is trying sooo hard to form sentences. He can say 3 word sentences. School is teaching him potty training so that is going well. His motor skills are great! He can run and walk so much better then even 3 months ago. He is starting to gain weight...he has gained 2.5lbs in 3 months (considering he went down to 24lbs after growing 3 inches). He is wearing his glasses all the time. He is just really thriving in all environments. Now we just have to worry about normal toddler stuff.

I am counting the days down to Friday, November 16th as it will be a huge function at the courthouse for National Adoption Day! Our friends go right before us to welcome Colton as a US citizen and it really is so great to share this experience with them. It is such a important day for me, not because I haven't felt like Cy is my son from day one but because I am so excited that it is official.

Right now I am just enjoying the time I get to spend with Cy, but who knows if there will be a brother or sister for Cy....

No comments:

Post a Comment