Monday, January 9, 2012

Homemade Enchilada Sauce

Homemade Enchilada Sauce

I have been wanting to figure out a homemade enchilada sauce for awhile and FINALLY made a good one last night!

1 - 14.5 oz can of Muir Glen Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
2 Tbsp of chili powder - or more. I played depending on taste.
2 Tbsp of Garlic Powder -or more. I played depending on taste.
2 tsp of Cayenne or Roasted Jalapeno (my favorite)
Salt and Pepper
2 cups of water
Few pinches of Cumin - can't remember how much I used.
1 cup of water and enough flour to make a thickening agent. You can add or take away as you see fit.
1/4 c. or more of Roasted Green Chilis
2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.


I slowly heated then blended together with an Immersion Blender. Of course I didn't stay on course 100% with the recipe but it was good! Plus, it wasn't processed!!!!!!!! Yeah! Now you can double the recipe for a larger batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment