Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Power Snack

Part of my 30-day challenge is getting my eating habits back in order! Here are a few changes I have implemented to continue on in life and eat in moderation.
  • No fried foods
  • No processed meats
  • Limiting red meat
  • Limiting desserts
With this said I think snacking is VERY important in our everyday lives. However, what is more important is what we snack on!

One of my favorite "Power Snacks" is a Banana Wrap Treat! I haven't had a microwave for years but I have one at work and I am bringing this protein/vitamin packed goodness back into my life!

Recipe:

1 over ripe banana
3 Tbsp (or more) of fresh ground peanut butter. I grind mine at Whole Foods.
1 to 2 Tbsp of honey. I use Copoco's Honey made right here in Fort Collins! You can use Agave too!
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla Wrap

You smear on the peanut butter, smooch in the banana and drizzle with love the honey. Wrap it tightly and nook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes in the micro! Careful the oozy goodness of honey will fall all over! This is such a great snack and pretty healthy!





Peace and Love! Happy Snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment