Monday, April 23, 2012

Beginning of Second Week

It is the beginning of our second week with Cy. Things are going better then expected. I have to say my body has never been as sore as carrying a 25lb kid around all day! He literally wants ME to carry him all the time! He hasn't really played with many of his toys, but enjoys Jeremy's guitar, loves Backyardagains, Yo Yo Gabba, playing with the hose,this VTech car deal we got him, the Cozy Coupe, music, etc... He does find the garage door opening and closing a fascination! He literally wakes up with the thought of opening and closing the garage door! It is so exciting for him, not so for us. :)

I think we are still in the mode of is he grieving or is this a toddler tantrum. However, being only the beginning of the second week we are treating a lot as the adjustment period. Do du deo (however you spell it) it my least favorite word. Our friend Christy told us what it means so that has helped, but there are these stream of words beginning before the do du deo that are spoken with such conviction. He says it all the time with everything.

Diaper changes and putting clothes on have their moments, it either goes well or it is World War II.  I am not sure if it is a toddler thing or is it just intimate and we are strangers. My friend Leslie let me borrow her "What to Expect When Having a Toddler" book and everything he does seems just a toddler to me but who knows. 

This week will be trying new adventures and maybe a day for us at daycare with him to see how it goes (first time is us being with him there for an hour or so). Since after this week I go back in two weeks. It seems short and a lot of stuff to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment