Monday, April 30, 2012

Beginning of Week Three

Last week was rough. I think Cy realized he wasn't on vacation and he was here to stay forever. We had a lot of testing us as his new parents. His first thing he wants to do when he wakes up is go open the garage door and hang out in the car. We had a few grieving episodes and it is hard to watch, we just have to be there for him. He also really enjoys hitting me and scratching my face...so that is always a blast...LOL! It is mostly when he is upset at something. However, we are learning "gentle" and "be nice to mommy."  I feel like I tell him "no" more, wipe his nose, wipe his face, etc...all the things that are horrible to a two year old.

Our social worker stopped over for first visit and she was just as inexperienced as us! This is the first time in 50 years that the kids have come home this old. They really don't know what to say for advice. So I do recommend purchasing; The Weaver's Craft - Toddler Adoption.  We just got it in the mail today and I can't wait to check it out. The reviews are pretty harsh as her examples are brutal but we can look past some of that stuff.

Cy started this week with a cold, little upper respiratory deal or teething I can't really tell and a fat lip (one of many I am sure he will get playing). 

This week I am working on food! That is my project. Cy doesn't like toddler food, he wants to eat what we are eating so we are finding ways to make our meals toddler friendly. For the first time I have a list with shopping and meal planning. I will get better as time goes on but let's see how this week goes. Tonight's menu: Roasted Chicken, Baked Potatoes (we never eat potatoes but Cy likes them) and roasted carrots. Update -- Cy threw most of the food around or fed to the dog...hehe. Oh well gave it the old college effort.  Cy likes garlic, little pepper and we'll see how he does with herbs de provenance. He is more of a sour and savory kid then sweet, except he loves Italian Ice's. My father in law told me when Marg went back to work he fed the kids green beans with soy sauce and hot dogs! You know what I chuckled forever at that and now I get it! Everything I read talks about soy sauce on stuff and Cy loves it! So I am going to try it. I also want to have more snacks readily available. He is mostly a fruit kid but we can try other stuff. He is eating a little more everyday. 

Jeremy started going back to work part time to full time this week and I am so tired every night I could go to bed before Cy and it is only MONDAY! Plus I am fighting whatever germ Cy has picked up. My friend Leslie has a Korean student she host who is coming over sometime this week to help us figure out what Cy is saying. Seriously he talks a ton and I feel bad because he gets so frustrated.

We have the Nelson's coming out Memorial Day weekend (probably), Josh (Jeremy's brother in June) and Jeremy's family from Australia in July and I think some California family in July/August sometime when they drive through. It is amazing what kids will do, family is coming to town!

All things good though despite a few issues which are a constant; changing shirt (major tantrum), still won't sit in the bath tub and I have to get in with him for him to even take a bath and an occasional diaper change outburst.  We just keep comforting him, being there for him all the time, loving and kissing him (I think he is already tired of my kisses) everyday.  One thing I read is to tell them that: we will always be here for him, how much we love him, when he is upset expressing his emotions, etc.

He is learning English everyday! He can say "open", "mommy (but I think he thinks it is more my name)", "okay", "hi", "bye-bye", "chicken", really loves to say Moo, play Peekboo Barn on my IPhone, he is in love with the Alphabet song -- he can go to E on his own, he loves the drum our friends Kate and Cam got him, loves guitar and piano, music, singing and dancing, so far he is still exploring our house and his little world.


Keep you posted on the rest of the week later on...til then

An-nyung-hi ka-se-yo (Korean for Good-bye)

No comments:

Post a Comment