Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Last Day in Seoul

Today is our last day in Seoul. I can't believe it as I have waited for this day since we got here. Our time has been invaluable. I feel that I have so much emotion for this country that will come across to Cy. Today we are going to go see Changdeokgung Palace and Secret Garden and Jongmyo Royal Shrine. The rest of the day will be last minute errands, packing and trying not to burst with excitement! Our journey to get a lot of stuff for Cy for "Gotcha Day" has been a success. We got him a lot of Korean stuff and I know he will love it. We definitely need to start saving as I know we will be back with him multiple times. Most adopted children will come back with their families to meet their foster parents.

Last night we walked around town and just ate street food and checked out the night scene in Seoul.  We have enjoyed talking with these lovely Aussies here with their children. They are such wonderful people and we welcome their stories on their adoptions. Between the three families there are a lot of kids so they have a lot of experience!

Today it will sink in that we get to keep him forever tomorrow and these 8 days will seem to have gone by super fast. I can't wait to bring Cy back to his home country a country that will now be our second country.  People use to make fun of me all the time because I wanted to live out of country and now we won't necessarily live out of country but South Korea will be a culture and country that our family will embrace as our own.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment