Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Chuseok!

HAPPY CHUSEOK!






In light of our recent Harvest Moon (September 12, 2011) I wanted to share with you a Holiday in Korea my fellow adoptee Andrea posted on my Yahoo Group.  According to Wikipedia, " is a major harvest festival and a three-day holiday in Korea celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar. Like many other harvest festivals, it is held around the Autumn Equinox. As a celebration of the good harvest, Koreans visit their ancestral hometowns and share a feast of Korean traditional food such as songpeyon and rice wines such as sindoju and dongdongju. I just love this because it is all the more reason for me to feel the natural connection with adopting from Korea. I am such a believer in signs!!

I love the Harvest Moon and it is such a passionate time of year when it happens. In the days before electricity, farmers counted on the lamp of the Harvest Moon to gather their crops. Making up for the autumn season’s waning daylight, the Harvest Moon faithfully provides several nights of dusk-till-dawn moonl  The Harvest Moon is always such a spiritual time! 

Peace and Love,
Sarah

1 comment: