Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stoplight Pasta

Sometimes only you can really love your own food. I am not sure you will find this pasta with the enthusiasm Jeremy and I found it the other night, but we we're really excited and loved every bite!

STOPLIGHT PASTA
  • 1/2 a bag of whole wheat spaghetti - cooked aldente
  • 3 spoon fulls of your favorite pesto (I used my mother-in-laws yummy recipe)
  • Chopped roasted beets (as many as your heart desires) + read below for roasting beets information
  • Few pinches of salt
  • Pinch of roasted red peppers (or as much as you desire)
  • Roasted Beets: Wrap beets in aluminum foil. I do one big beet per wrap and will combine a few smaller beets. Roast at 450 degrees for at least an hour or more! When the are done peel the skin off and chop up. Don't be afraid to snack on a few.
Mix all together! Now here is the topper...FRY AN EGG over easy and place on top (Jeremy needs two eggs). I am telling you it is seriously delicious!  However, you must like all ingredients to enjoy the wonderfulness. I really wish I could have posted a picture but there is something to be said for having a good camera or hiring a professional to take pictures of food. If you don't, sometimes the lightening doesn't make it look super appetizing.

I hope you all try this and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment