Monday, September 19, 2011

Package to Seoul

Today I put together our last package to Korea for Cy. It is hard because I want to buy a bunch of stuff but all I get is whatever will fit in a 1 gallon plastic bag. Here is a picture of all his goodies!  We will be adding an updated photo montage and a nice gift for his foster mother.


The waiting is getting harder and harder, considering we were supposed to have our son by now.  However, there is a purpose to everything...right?  I know I need to start nesting. It is important for me to get some stuff ready, so when we are ready to go I have to do very little. Plus, it makes me feel a little closer to him...like it is more of a reality.  When I mean "reality" it is hard to explain unless you have been through the adoption process. You have this connection through pictures and updates from your agency but sometimes he feels so far away...detached. The more that I do stuff that is for or about him...the closer I feel.  I will document more and more about how I will decorate his room, getting the house in line as well as his wardrobe!

Peace and Love Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I so totally know what you mean. The entire process of waiting felt so unreal. "Unreal" was a word we used a lot. "Unreal" and "frustrated." Hang in there, girlfriend! Cy is being so well taken care of and loved right now.

    I cannot wait to see pictures of his room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at old pictures yesterday, and came across some from the day I arrived courtesy of Lutheran Social Service of MN & NW Airlines. Seeing all those people waiting eagerly in the photos & everyone who'd been on the adoption journey with my family (extended family, friends & other adoptive families) was so heart-warming. Getting to experience it from the other end as someone soaring patiently for my little brother is equally wonderful to look back on. Your son will have so many special memories like these you can share in photos/video, plus all the wonderful things you can tell him you did celebrating his upcoming arrival :) Hugs to you! He'll be here soon...then you'll really need your years of distance training to keep up with him!--Jess K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking at old pictures yesterday, and came across some from the day I arrived courtesy of Lutheran Social Service of MN & NW Airlines. Seeing all those people waiting eagerly in the photos & everyone who'd been on the adoption journey with my family (extended family, friends & other adoptive families) was so heart-warming. Getting to experience it from the other end as someone soaring patiently for my little brother is equally wonderful to look back on. Your son will have so many special memories like these you can share in photos/video, plus all the wonderful things you can tell him you did celebrating his upcoming arrival :) Hugs to you! He'll be here soon...then you'll really need your years of distance training to keep up with him!--JK

    ReplyDelete